Basically, this is like approaching them for trading links or for something in return like social media share. They could be free or sometimes for a fee as well. Links are of two types Do-follow or No-follow. Do-follow links are created by default and No-follow links are those that do not pass link juice. It signals to the search engines that you do not endorse the site, and so are not passing the SEO value in that case. They are usually created for sponsored posts.
Use Social Media to promote your site:
Social media sites have a powerful authority on the web, so be sure to add your website link and posts on these channels. Getting link juice from their site can help your website.
Writing a Guest post is a good way to get backlinks. Guest posting is nothing but you write a post and publish it on another site. The owner gets free content and you get a couple of backlinks to your site through the author’s Bio Link for example. This is a great way to reach a wide audience. This is especially good for beginners to establish their blogs. Approach blogs in your niche that offer guest posting by sending an email. Some of them have a collaborate with me on their menu where they specify what they expect and accept.
This is also on the lines of a Guest post, However, in this approach, you post on another website but the difference is there will be no author bio link that will link back to your site. The only link that will point to you is the link to your site. The other way is bloggers with a good following write about a product for a business and link to the site. This is a great link building strategy as well.
A link roundup is a post that has a list of the best content in a particular niche. This naturally will link to other websites and they will be usually inclined to share the links as they get the exposure as well. It is pretty obvious that they will have high-quality content and backlinks from high authority websites. It is a win-win situation for all.
Some other ways to get backlinks to your website:
* Get an account on Helpareporter. This is a place where the journalists or reporters are looking for queries for their articles. You can answer them if it falls in your area of expertise. If approved there is a chance of being featured in high domain authority sites like the New York Times, Business Insider, etc.
* If you are into creating youtube videos, podcasts, mini multimedia posts, etc, they are also other excellent ways to create backlinks from them.
* Do not ignore internal links in your post, they are important as well. Link them efficiently. If the internal links point to a certain post or page, many times it signifies as it being important. The search engines crawl and this, in turn, helps improve the navigation and finding of content on your site. It also plays a huge role in page ranking.
* Skyscraper outreach is another method, where you look for content on a site that already has many do-follows. You then create and come up with far better, revamped, and updated content than that and then approach website owners to link to your site.
* The broken link approach method is reaching out to a site with broken links, which has higher authority and content. They will be usually glad to link to your updated content if you approach them tactfully.