Since taking the world by storm in 2010, Instagram remains one of the most popular social media platforms today. With visual posts producing 650 percent higher engagements than text-only posts, it’s easy to see why using Instagram for businesses should be a priority during the recession.
Instagram continues to grow and dominate the social zeitgeist, even with the emergence of rival visual platforms TikTok and Snapchat. With its introduction of Instagram Stories for business in 2016, Instagram widened its gap with Snapchat. The visual giant is planning to do the same with its introduction of Instagram Reels, a video-sharing feature that is expected to overtake TikTok’s similar feature. And with TikTok’s imminent departure from the U. S., it’s evident Instagram is more than happy to step in and serve the video app’s disappointed users.
So, why use Instagram for business? Because it continues to be one of the most popular social media platforms and has the potential to transform your business, even during an economic recession. Read on to find out how to make an Instagram for business account and how to use Instagram for business.
Before you dive into using Instagram for business, it’s crucial that you first understand how to properly set up an Instagram account for business. The following sections will talk about how to set up Instagram for business, how to get Instagram followers for business and a few Instagram for business tips.
Here’s how to use Instagram for your business:
Follow these simple steps to learn how to set up Instagram for business:
1. Go to the Instagram home page or use the Instagram app and select “Sign Up” if you don’t already have an account. Alternatively, choose “Log in with Facebook” to quickly set it up.
2. Next, go to your account settings and select “Switch to Business Profile” or “Select Professional Account.” Follow the prompts to complete the setup of your Instagram account for business.
3. Once you’re done setting up your Instagram for business account, you can begin optimizing your profile to maximize engagements.
And that’s it! You’re good to go.
Here are some more Instagram for business tips to help you use Instagram for your business efficiently.
• Ninety-three percent of buyers cite visuals as their primary reason for a purchasing decision. Always use high-quality visuals in your brand’s colors to make it more recognizable to your audience.
• Leverage audience engagement to understand what your audience wants. Post content that encourages audience participation, such as posting user-generated content (UGC), polls or holding frequent contests.
• Videos generate tons of engagement for your brand. When running Instagram stories for business, make sure you keep videos to 15 seconds max. Instagram feed videos can go up to 60 seconds long.
• If you’d like to know how to get Instagram followers for business, make sure you always include hashtags in every post. Adding hashtags helps you get discovered as a topic channel on the Explore, which attracts more followers for your brand.
• When promoting a product, be sure to make it as organic to the platform as possible and focus on authenticity. Remove all “sales speak” from your content and focus on telling a story that resonates with your audience.
• Use Instagram ads to reach users that don’t follow you to boost your presence on the platform. There are three ways to use ads: the Instagram feed, the Instagram Explore tab and Instagram Stories for business. Keep the following best practices in mind: (1) square images work better across multiple channels, (2) make sure ad copy matches the image and (3) have a dedicated CTA page at the end for carousel ads.